Saturday, April 15, 2017

Spear & Ritual

written: April 12th

I knew there was a reason I felt the pull to hold off on celebrating the full moon and my 11th anniversary of being self-injurious behavior free.

My spear arrived today. You know, the one that I was kind of questioning why I purchased? Yeah, that got wiped completely out once I had it in my hands. Holy shit, I ADORE it. Seriously. It’s bad ass. It’s only a few inches shorter than I am. Love it, so friggin’ much.

So as tradition for my SI Freedom Anniversary, I get birthday candles for the year that I’m celebrating. This year is good old number 11.

alt text

The candles were complete crap to be honest. They didn’t stay lit for too terribly long. But that’s ok. I don’t need them to burn completely down.

alt text

I opted to write down a blessing/intention for both my 11th Year and for the Full Moon. These I then read aloud and then burned them to release them into the world.

alt text

I then went ahead and blessed and claimed my spear as well.

alt text

I mean, damn. Look at that spear! It’s AMAZING. And just RAR. ::pets it::

alt text

Here’s the altar at the end of the ritual:

alt text

Altar with the lights on:

alt text

Going from left to right:
Galaxy coyote skull
Two snakes and Shadow tealight (by Sage Goddess) for the Great Pythoness
Athame (black handled blade)
Two little candles in little shot-glasses for the full moon
Black jar – was a former candle holder, now is the container for when I burn things
“11” candle for my 11th year
White selenite sphere – symbol of the Full Moon
Dark flat stone – Galaxite (from Sage Goddess)
Red 7-day Candle for Sekhmet
Sekhmet statue
Incense holder with sacred feather and Dragon’s Blood incense from Harvest Haven Moon
Slytherin pen husband gave me back on my birthday

A close up of the bone blade on my spear:

alt text

I commissioned to have the serpent carved on both sides of the blade. Fuck. I really love it.

My post-ritual selfie with my altar AND my spear:

alt text

And a photo of my spear head in front of my altar:

alt text

All in all, a great ritual. And I’m really glad that I followed my gut instincts on it and waited a day. I was still pretty damn grumpy yesterday. But today, today was much better. And made for a damn good ritual. ::smiles::

Onwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment