Sunday, April 2, 2017

Hazel & Summer Time

The Capture Your 365 Photo Challenge prompt for today is “Morning”:

alt text

My artistic photograph of a warm flour tortilla with honey….my breakfast this morning. ::chuckles::

Since I ate all the poptarts, this is my newest food obsession – warmed up tortillas with local honey. I was putting peanut butter on them as well….but….I’m out of peanut butter. ::sighs:: Damn first world problems!

So crazy news – my buddy Hazel popped back up. She’s been MIA since November, and just randomly reactivated her Facebook page and stuff today. But given that she has a relative “newborn” baby (a few months old at best), I highly doubt she’ll be up for any witchy stuff.

And that brings me back to my Totem for this year. It’s the Jaguar….all about Solitary Strength. And I am thinking that maybe, this year, I’m not meant to have a Coven. I’m meant to solidify my own Path and my own Spirituality. Once I have that as figured out as it can be, then. Maybe then, I will be ready for a Coven once more.

And if our little group is meant to get back together once again, that would also give Hazel’s new son a year or so to age. So who knows? But I am glad she’s at least back on-line. I was really worried about her isolating herself with her husband (who’s been cheating on her for a while now and had become verbally abusive) and her father’s family (super Christian; very anti-her-being-non-Christian). That’s not a good situation to be in. And then to cut herself off from her friends? Yeah, I was quite worried about her.

::laughs:: To be honest, when I saw that she was back on Facebook, I thought to myself “Sweet, I can go hang out with her and see her baby”…..and then I remembered….I don’t like babies. ::laughs:: Silly brain.

Anyways. I got the required essays and responses written today for my two classes. With the Management class, I was debating if I would just skip this particular essay. I sat down and did the math to see how badly it would impact my grade – it would drop me from a 96 to a 94. But then I saw that after this essay, I just have FOUR assignments left for the course! Holy shit! There really IS a light at the end of the tunnel! So suffice it to say, I sucked it up and did the budget hearing assignment. The final project for this class is shaping up to be quite the doozy, so I want to beef up my grade as much as possible to give myself a little extra padding, should I need it. And to take a hit just because I didn’t FEEL like doing the assignment? Sounded pretty damn stupid to me once I realized how little is left to do in the course.

I’ve just got to stay focused on the end game here. I’m almost through this semester. And then the after school program will end shortly after that. I’m not sure what this summer has in store for me. I need a vacation for sure. I also need to wrap up my Summer Time Goals. They’re a fun little tradition I started a few years back. I come up with 100 goals for the summer time and do my best to complete them all. They aren’t all massive goals, but are ones that can be accomplished during the summer time – like snocones and ice cream and watching the fireworks. We’ll see what this summer has in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment