Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Stamps, Books, and Chairs

written: April 24th



Photo of the day:
alt text

Part of my stamp order. I am still waiting for the Global ones that I pre-ordered, but they aren’t even available until April 28th, so I’ve got a little bit more waiting to do for those.

Completely spur of the moment a few days ago I purchased the book A Witch Alone: The Essential Guide for the Solo Practitioner of the Magical Arts by Marian Green. I can’t even explain why I chose that book over a number of others ones I was considering. But I bought it, completely spur of the moment, so we’ll see how good my intuition is on this book.

Who knows? Maybe this will be another diamond in the rough like The Modern Witchcraft Grimoire. That was a book that I didn’t think I would get much out of, but it turned out pretty damn impressive. Which reminds me, I need to finalize the notes I took on that book and put them in my working Grimoire.

Hopefully, once the semester ends (in two weeks), I will have the free time to actually work in my Grimoire once more. I will need to gather up all the photos I’ve taken of my various altars and ritual items and get those printed to be put into the Grimoire as well. My love for photography will definitely shine in my Grimoire. I may not be able to draw amazing art, but I sure as hell can capture it in photography.

I keep waffling if I’m going to keep a Grimoire or not. I think I have finally decided I WILL. If nothing else, it can be a photo-journal of my Craft and serve as a guide book to what I have done in the past. I just need to get into the habit journaling after a ritual. Or maybe I should make journaling about the ritual a PART of the ritual? I could jot down some notes once the ritual is complete, but I haven’t taken down the Circle yet. That way I’m still in Sacred Space. If I do that, I definitely need to get a chair or something for me to sit in while I journal. Maybe one of the Japanese floor chairs. There are a lot of choices for that. It just depends on how much I am willing to spend. ::chuckles::

::que Wolfie spending way too many hours scrolling through various floor chairs::

No comments:

Post a Comment