Sunday, April 9, 2017

Mountains Are Calling

Photo for today:

alt text

Yep, that is part of my assignment for my Management Class. I ended up going another direction with the assignment (over Fund-raising – super exciting, I know!) and didn’t have to read that paper. Just four more assignments in the Management Class and then it is done. Thank god.

The Moon is nearly Full and she’s riding high in the sky tonight. The winds are flowing and I am longing to be a Shape Shifter, to turn wolf and just run under the beautiful sky somewhere far, far away.

Given that I have not figured out how to shed this human skin, I did the next best thing – 20 minutes on the elliptical. It has taken the edge off the desire to flee. But the desire is still there, pumping in my blood.

I am tired of being domesticate. I am tired of being tame. I am tired of being responsible. I want to just run away and live off the land and turn my back on society for a while. Not forever. Just a month at max. I just want to camp and go completely fucking feral, away from civilization.

What would it be like to completely unplug from all electronic devices for an entire month? No email. No Facebook. No blogs. No Pinterest. No Tumblr. No cell phone. Nothing. Just me, the wide open space, and a couple of journals and my camera.

Gods, that itch to do another Vision Quest just gets stronger with each passing year. It has been 11 years (I think) since I did my Vision Quest. Damn, time is just a blur. And the mountains, they are calling me back.

Maybe I should touch base with that group again and see if they are still doing the Vision Quests out in New Mexico. ::scampers off to look them up:: Damn, they are doing a Vision Quest this year, August 8th through the 13th. I am sooooooo friggin’ tempted.

BUT….
With the fact that we are hoping to fly up to see David’s parents sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas……
AND the fact that I am trying to see if I can afford to fly up to Wolf Park – one of their wolves (Timber) had puppies yesterday and I would KILL to photograph wolf puppies….
I just do not see a Vision Quest fitting itself into the mix this year.

But maybe next year? Gives me time to really reflect on it and make sure it is something I am called to do. Gives me time to save up the money that the trip and ceremony will cost. And time to make a prayer stick and the altar cloth once more.

It seems I’m always saying Next Year when it comes to a second Vision Quest. It’s never a good time to do it This Year…but Next Year. Next Year will be “perfect”. And it just keeps getting pushed further and further back. And the next thing I know, it’s been 11 goddamn years since I’ve been out on the Mountain.

So I’m setting my intention now. I will do a Vision Quest in 2018. This summer, I will write up a game plan on all the things that need to be accomplished between Now and Then. And I will put them on my calendar and begin working on them This Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment