Saturday, April 22, 2017

Thankful Thursday #16

written: April 20th

So I think the #CY365 list of prompts is written by someone up north…or at least definitely not in the Lone Star State. Today’s prompt is “colorful trees”. Man, spring had done come and GONE. All the blossoms happened last month. We are into summer and the fruit is beginning to show up on the trees. So yeah, no “colorful trees” here, unless you count the dead leaves from the branches snapped in one of our various storms. ::chuckles::

Instead, have a rose!

alt text

I am thankful….
1. My crazy blooming rose bush. I have TONS of roses on it. I plan to clip a few to put on my altar for Beltane for damn sure. I want to dry some of the rose petals, though I’m not sure what I would use them for. I’m not a very herbal witch. Give me those bones and feathers and antlers and I’ll show you some fucking magic.
2. Chai tea lattes from Starbucks (with no water and one pump of vanilla). So damn good.
3. Counting down the days left in this semester. Damn, I can’t wait for it to be OVER. I plan to binge watch the shit out of some Netflix shows and finally pick up a book to read that doesn’t have anything to do with MANAGEMENT or BUDGETS! How amazing would that be?
4. That my intimidation bluff with the German Shepherd worked and I didn’t have to bust out my knife for a fight I really didn’t want to get into. But it also made me aware that I need something with a bit more reach to keep the animals at bay.
5. Putting together a fun little witchy care-package for a friend down in Australia. It’s crazy how ecstatic putting it all together made me. ::laughs:: I hope it brings at least half as much joy to Andrea receiving it as it gave me putting it all together.
6. My FitBit buddies who always challenge me to up my physical level. Some of my friends do some major steps, so it pushes me to get moving more and more each week. Even if I don’t stand a chance in beating some of them. Like ever. ::laughs::
7. Wolf Park has puppies again! Timber gave birth to FIVE adorable little wolf pups! Man, I really, really, REALLY want to get up there in October and get to see them.
8. Netflix. It gives me an amazing ability to watch a wide array tv shows and movies.
9. I got a 93 on my “Exhibition Observation” paper for my Preservation class! Woohoo! I’m currently carrying a 94 in that class, and a 96 in the Management class.
10. Getting to know various artists and appreciate their amazing work. I’m thrilled my copy of The Red Queen (by Ravynne Phelan) arrived and I love the other little items she included as a thankful. So very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment