Sunday, April 23, 2017

Lap Dogs, PMS, and Battles

written: April 22nd

Photo of the day:

alt text

Yep. That’s my 55 pound pit bull…attempting to convince me she’s a lap dog. She doesn’t realize how big she really is (and honestly, she’s not a very big pit bull, compared to the others I’ve seen). And I keep trying to explain to her that there is not enough room for the both of us in my computer chair, but she keeps trying to convince me that there IS the room…if I’m willing to allow her to sit ON me…and by ON me, I mean all up in my face and shoulders. ::chuckles::

David found a new pizza place for us to try out today, but that got us off to a very rocky start. He wanted me to take his car because we’d be taking the toll roads. But I really hate driving his car because of the shit ton of MASSIVE blind spots his car (newer Honda Civic). And then I told him to bring his phone to use as a navigator, as neither of us knew where pizza place was exactly. But he hates bringing his phone anywhere, so he “forgot”. Which pissed me off because now we would use my phone, which means using my data. Even though he has a SHIT TON of data…and I have to share mine with my mom and stepfather (we’re all on one plan because it’s a shit ton cheaper than me doing my own plan, or being on my husband’s plan). And I’m super PMSing right now. Which means I have zero patience. Zero tolerance. Zero kindness in me. I was more than a little snappy at him. But once we got to NY Pizza Palace we both mellowed out a lot. Good pizza will definitely shut me and David up no problem.

So, it’s a bit of a challenge to get to NY Pizza Palace. But the quality is about the same as Bacci’s and Bacci’s is closer AND easier to get to. And because my husband knows where Bacci’s is, he’s willing to drive. He hates driving somewhere new or where he doesn’t know where he’s going. All of that to say, we’ll probably just stick with Bacci’s from now on. ::chuckles::

And, tying back in with the PMSing that I’m doing right now, I’m hyper sensitive to negative people and have zero tolerance for them. Thus far, I’ve done very well simply not engaging with the Debbie Downers, but damn. I need to start bleeding soon, so this hyper sensitivity will go away. I completely understand being negative, when serious negative shit is going down in one’s life. No one, and I mean NO ONE can be 100% kitten farts and rainbows ALL THE DAMN TIME. I get that. I’m not faulting anyone for that. But I can’t stand it when people tear themselves down in ways, that to me, just seem like they are wanting people to flock to them and tell them how “great” or “wonderful” or whatever they are. I will give you a realistic evaluation of your situation if you want it.

But don’t come to me, especially right now, fishing for compliments in a back-handed manner. I have more respect for people who are like “Hey, I’m having a really bad day. Can you just tell me something nice right now because I’m having a very difficult time seeing it?” Doesn’t even have to be spelled out that clearly to be honest. But people who make rude comments about themselves, and when you try to tell them what you see instead, and then they fucking argue with you over it? Naw, man. I don’t have the mental reserves to fight that battle for you. So I back off completely. Clearly you have demons YOU need to battle. I can’t fight that battle for you. And I’ll be damned if I’m going to allow myself to be dragged into someone else’s battles…especially if that person won’t pick up their own fucking sword.

No comments:

Post a Comment