Thursday, April 20, 2017

Center

written: April 19th

Getting back on track with the #CY365 photo prompts – today’s prompt is “Center”:

alt text

My spirituality is my Center. It’s my Core. It defines me in ways, even I don’t comprehend. So the photo is of my “working” altar – it has remnants of my anniversary (11 years being Self-Injurious Behavior free) plus the Full Moon ritual. And it has my recent artwork acquisition (doesn’t that sound fancy? ::laughs::) on it as well. Plus the Galaxite palm stone that I carry daily, but put on my altar to soak up the energy from it.

I do need to clean it up and set it up for the upcoming New Moon (April 26th), and then again for Beltane (May 1st). Beltane is one of those Sabbats that I feel rather “meh” about. But it is a celebration of summer really kicking into gear. I am ready to celebrate that. Summer coming means my grad school semester is coming to a close. Summer coming means the after school program is coming to a close. I will need to email Sandy soon to make sure I still have the Summer Tech Job.

I went ahead and submitted my request for the two classes I want to take in the Fall. One is on Public Libraries…which I wanted to be in THIS semester, but it was full and so I had to scramble and that is how I wound up with the horrible Management class (not that the class itself is horrible….I just loathe the topics it covers). And the other one is an Archives and Manuscripts class, which sounds fun to me! ::chuckles::

As I was walking Josey today, I was pondering my current station in life and thinking “I should be MORE”. I was comparing myself to some of the parents of my students – the parents are roughly my age or younger for the most part…and they have fucking careers, man! And I’m over here, running a part-time after school program. Like, what the fuck man? ::chuckles::

But I’m doing what I enjoy. I’m relatively happy. I get to play most of my work day. I get to color. I get to tell jokes. Basically, I’m a huge kid that gets paid to boss little kids around all day. ::chuckles:: And so yeah, having a “healthier” paycheck would be nice. And not having to swap jobs halfway through the year would also be nice. I just hope the stability doesn’t eat my soul. ::chuckles:: I don’t do well with “traditional” jobs. Though I do believe I can keep a job quite interesting…just gotta make sure it isn’t so interesting that HR has to get involved. ::grins toothily::

No comments:

Post a Comment