Sunday, April 30, 2017

Social Butterfly

written: April 28th

Photo of the day:
alt text

Creepy dog is CREEPY. ::chuckles:: Josey loves to sit up on the landing, overlooking the living room and front door. And it also allows Josey to beg from above. ::chuckles::

The thinnest sliver of the moon hangs low on the western horizon. And it calls to my Spirit…to the very blood that courses through my veins. It calls the wolf inside me, bringing that wild soul to the surface.

I wish I had a larger yard and more privacy from neighbors. I would do my rituals out there, basking in the moonlight or the sunlight, as the ritual dictates. And with it being warmer, topless or full nude rituals would certainly be fun.

But alas, that is not possible at this time, nor at this place currently. The neighbors are just too close and I do not yet have the confidence to be open to scrutiny. I’ve smudged the house down on the outside. That’s minor ritual. But to do a full on ritual? Yeah, I am just not there yet. I will at some point.

But for now…I just can’t. Especially since I work for the school district and in the Bible Belt, I just cannot risk being outed as a Pagan, as a Witch. Granted, it would be illegal to fire me on the grounds of religion…but I’m sure if enough of the parents had an issue with it, the school district would find a legal reason to fire me, and just cite that. I dunno. Maybe I’m just being paranoid, and the parents would recognize the great work I’ve done with their students and rally behind me. All I know, is that right now, I cannot afford to lose my job, so I will not risk rocking the boat.

I am thinking of asking Linda – the local witch that did the water color painting of Josey last month – if she would like to do ritual together. I would be curious what a Family Trad Witch ritual would be like. And it would give me some companionship without the ties of a Coven. And given that Linda is happy being a solitary, but has talked of getting together with her family for rituals from time to time, it could be a decent fit for both of us – enough “coven” time but still able to do our own thing if our schedules don’t line up.

I should probably touch base with Hazel Nut as well. I really would like to grab coffee or tea or something and just chat about anything and everything. With my college semester coming to a close, and my after school job ending a month later, summer time is typically when I am more likely (and able) to be more social.

No comments:

Post a Comment