Monday, April 24, 2017

Sunday Rambles

written: April 23rd

I used the #365 Photo Challenge prompt from yesterday for today – Fibonacci In Nature:

alt text

A teeny, tiny snail shell I found today when I was watering Holly’s crepe myrtle. It would have easily fit, with a ton of room to spare, on a dime, it is that tiny.

David had to work today, which means me and Josey had the house all to ourselves. Which means….we napped until 1 pm. ::laughs:: I did get some cleaning done and did 20 minutes on the elliptical.

And it was an easy 20 minutes. Like crazy easy. Which is so odd, because the last time (back on the 18th), I was dying even attempting to survive the 16 minutes I battled to do. ::shrugs:: I’m not sure what the difference is between that day and today, but I wish I knew. So I could repeat whatever made today easier. ::chuckles:: I even double checked the level I had the elliptical set at to make sure I didn’t go down a level. Nope, same level. It was just easier today. Well, I’m not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. I did my 20 minutes and relished the ease of it. I will hold that firm in my mind on Tuesday, when I get back on the elliptical. Hopefully it will be just as easy. And I can continue making progress on this front.

The reason the elliptical means so much to me, is that I need to get my cardio up because I plan to start taking some Krav Maga classes once the after school program is over for the summer break. I will (hopefully) be working with the Technology Department over the summer, which means my work day will end around 5 pm. Krav Maga classes are at 7 pm. So I will have plenty of time to come home, take care of Josey and relax before heading out to class. And I’m pretty sure it’s only two days a week, so it shouldn’t be too killer. ::chuckles:: And I’ll test the waters out for the summer and if it’s something I enjoy, then I’ll find a way to continue taking the classes once the school year starts back up.

In other news, a blast from the past popped up today. Moon Daughter, a dear friend from AGES ago, popped up to say hello. She and I were members of the Whispering Wolf Sisterhood, an online group of Pagans, Wiccans, and Shamans – all women. It was my first sisterhood and those women truly were my lifeline, my Sisters, my Coven…bonds that I never thought would ever be severed. But Mor’inanna shut the group down when she kind of went off the rails. It sucked so bad because so many of us volunteered to take over the group for her, so it could continue. But she didn’t want any part of that. The Whispering Wolf Sisters group was “all hers”…and thus she refused to turn those reigns over to anyone else. ::shakes her head:: I still mourn the loss of that group and all the absolutely phenomenal women I met through that group.

So it was nice to touch base with Moon Daughter once again. Her life has dramatically changed over the years that we fell out of communication. I am hoping that this opens up a new avenue of communication and that we can pick up that friendship where we left off.

No comments:

Post a Comment