Thursday, April 6, 2017

Thankful Thursday #14

Photo for today:

alt text

A rose’s second life….raining down petals to the ground.

I am thankful…
1. The t-shirt I ordered from Akua Creative arrived today. Can’t wait to wear it tomorrow.
2. That Josey has a quiet, insistent manner to ensure we do our daily walks. ::laughs:: Just the standard, quiet, unflinching stare until I give in and get ready.
3. That Harvest Moon Haven out did herself again on my most recent order of incense. She always takes such good care of me. I certainly want to try out all of her various incenses.
4. Being reminded again how much I love having Dr. O. as my general doctor. She seems to genuinely care and LISTEN to my concerns.
5. Rewatching Marco Polo on Netflix. Gods I had forgotten how just gorgeous the various costumes and regalia they have in this series. I hate that it only lasts for two seasons.
6. Having the down times to help crystallize the good times. I need that deep introspection to really solidify what I AM.
7. Pinterest, that allows me to peek inside the covers of other people’s journals and bullet journals and find new things I want to add to my own.
8. Mom sharing photos from Lil Niece’s FIRST birthday! So much character there already! ::laughs:: And boy does she have the Death Stare down pat already. I’ll share photos soon.
9. That, for the most part, I do not have expensive tastes. It’s allowed me to survive, and even thrive at times, on a part-time job. Though, to be honest, I can’t wait to get a full-time job and finally be able to seriously pay off my Lone Credit Card Debt (last man standing at this point).
10. That we came out of the past three major storms unscathed. So many people here had to replace both windshields, windows, and totaled out cars due to hail damage…along with new roofs. We didn’t get any real storms at the house, and I am deeply grateful for that.

Hurray, it’s Thursday. Which means tomorrow is FRIDAY. And then I have the weekend off of work – so I can do school work! ::laughs:: Though, next week, I have a 4-day weekend and I intend to bang out as much of the remaining class assignments possible.

Poor lil Josey had her first run in with a wasp today. She got stung on our walk….on her hind leg. So of course this meant she needed a TON of reassurances that she was going to be ok. I love my lil scaredy cat dog. And after the half-way point of our walk, she had completely forgotten the incident and was back to her normal self. ::chuckles::

So looking towards next week….April 11th. That’s the Full Moon…AND my 11th anniversary of being Self-Inflicted Injurious Behavior free. Holy hell. How have I made it ELEVEN years now? I remember thinking on the 1st anniversary that I would consider myself completely recovered when I hit my 10 year anniversary. Oh lordy, how foolish was I then? ::laughs:: Though to be honest, I needed that illusion so that I could make it this far. But this past year, honestly, has been the most trying and the biggest test to my resolve to remain SI free. But it will take more than this to bring me crashing down completely. I’m too damn stubborn at this point to give in on anything less than a catastrophe.

And no, dear Universe, that is NOT a challenge. Please, please, please don’t take that as a challenge, dear Universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment