Saturday, December 7, 2019

New Beginning

written: December 01

Photo 610/1001

0610

The last slice of pecan pie that my Uncle made for our family Turkey Day. He’s surprised all of us with how good of a cook he’s turned out to be.

New month. New hand-written journal. New job. Apparently December is my month of new things.

Tomorrow is my first day at the F.B. Library. I’m mostly excited and only a small bit anxious, which is a nice turn of events. Most of the time, a change of this size for me would have my anxiety running rampant.

I am still bit sad not to be going back to my students and my campus. Which is understandable. I’ve been there for 12 years. I worked damn hard to turn that campus around. When I first started, it was absolute chaos and the campus staff absolutely HATED us. It took me 4 years to turn that all around. And now, the campus sings our praises.

No comments:

Post a Comment