Sunday, December 15, 2019

Catching Up

written:  December 09

Photo 618/1001

0618

Getting into the festive spirit. These are for the little gifts I’m giving my Coven-mates at our Yule party on the 15th.

I went over to my after school program today. The kiddos were so happy to see me. I got mobbed at the door. It seriously made my day. I ended up hanging out a lot longer than I had planned.
But man, my campus has gone way downhill under Scotty McHottie’s reign. The kids have zero respect for him. The amount of disrespect I saw them giving him the entire time? It took everything in me to not march over to the students and read them the riot act. But I knew that by doing that, it would only serve to undermine Scotty’s authority even more.

But from talking with Jess, I honestly should have stepped in. From what she was telling me, shit has gone down in a flaming heap of shit. I would be seriously surprised if she wasn’t actively looking for a new job right now. And sadly, I know that if/when Jess leaves? That campus is going to completely implode. I hate that, but damn. It is what it is. And I refuse to feel guilty about it. Just sucks that my good kiddos are going to be the ones that suffer.

But it was really good to catch up with Jess and with all my students. I got to see Rileigh B. and my other favorites. ::smiles:: I told them about the Cookies with Santa that my library is hosting. I hope some of them do show up.

No comments:

Post a Comment