Saturday, December 21, 2019

Childhood Memories

written: December 16

Photo 625/1001

0625

Leviathan, looking smug as hell, with a shit right after I had cleaned up her tank.

Currently rocking a two-day headache. It’s not terrible…not a migraine or a cluster headache. But my head…just aches. All over. Hopefully the OTC painkillers will kick in soon. It’s still a few hours before I get my dinner break (working the late shift), and then a few more hours after that until I get to go home.

I was looking through an etsy shop randomly recommended to me. They have some gorgeous necklaces. But as I was looking through it all, I came across a ring that stopped me in my tracks. I dreamt of it a while back, a ring with the moon phases that I wore on my right thumb in my dream. And here was the ring, in the real world. I’ll have to snag it on the next paycheck…which also means, I need to figure out what is the ring size for my thumb. And I’ll follow the advice of the dream and set that ring up to absorb power/energy from the moon, that I can then access anytime I need it while I’m wearing the ring.

Other than that, it’s been a chill, quiet day. Dustin has shown me a lot of things that will make up my duties soon. It’s still a bit overwhelming, but I know in my heart, I’ve got this. I just have to learn it first. ::chuckles:: And everyone here is happy to help out if I ever have a question. It’s really refreshing not to be treated like I’m asking the stupidest questions, or asking questions just to be a pest.

It is days like today that I really miss my maternal Grandmother. One of my favorite books to read when I was young was My Father’s Dragon, by Ruth Stiles Gannett. I can’t recall how many times I’ve read that book cover to cover. So imagine my surprise when I stumbled across it today, while working on a list of books. Not only that, but My Father’s Dragon is just the first of a trilogy! I never knew there were more books after the first one. And my first thought was to tell my Grandmother. I would love nothing more than to share this discovery with her.

But I guess I’ll do the next best thing. I am thinking of buying the set and giving them to my Niece and Nephew. Maybe they’ll enjoy them as much as I did. And maybe I’ll buy myself a set as well. So I can relieve some good memories with a cute story, and see how the story progresses through the two new-to-me books. And while looking those up on Amazon, I came across the Catwings series by Ursula K. Le Guin – another childhood memory. And my library has it as well. I have a feeling, I’m going to sneak in some quiet time to re-read these books.

No comments:

Post a Comment