Sunday, December 15, 2019

Santa

written: December 11

Photo 620/1001

0620

Me and my bestie with matching friendship bracelets she made us.

So apparently wisteria seeds explode open when they are ready. ::laughs:: About 3 am, something hit my door and it sounded like the clothes hangers were rattling, like when David shuts the front door too hard. But it turns out, it was the sound of two wisteria seeds hitting my door. So that’s good information to know, because some of the pods I have drying have 4 or 5 five seeds. And since wisteria seeds are toxic, I have to make sure I get them all and Josey doesn’t eat them. I’m going to have to rig something to enclose the seed pods while they dry to keep them a bit more contained.

On my way to work, I got faint feeling. Tingling in my hands and arms. Feeling very hot. And I ended up throwing up. Always a great way to begin a work day. Double awesome for an insane work day. ::sighs:: Thankfully I had Ritz crackers at my desk, so I snacked on a few of those before I had to do an hour on the Youth Desk. After that, all my time is slotted for the Cookies with Santa program.

I saw a really cool idea on Nala Mid’s YouTube about doing a Year Wheel. The idea is to section out a circle into twelve slices. Each slice is for 1 month. And in the slice you doodle and write about the highlights of the month. And at the end of the year, you have this entire wheel of doodles and fond memories on one page. I definitely want to try this out. And it will challenge me to practice doodling as well. So wins all around.

The Cookies with Santa was a smash hit. We had 250+ people show up. Two of my after school kiddos showed up as well, and that totally made my night. Rileigh made us matching friendship bracelets and I got a photo of us sporting the bracelets. The craft project went well. And it started winding down around 7:30 pm. I got my photo with Santa as well! ::chuckles:: I really like how it turned out.

20191211_191917

No comments:

Post a Comment