Saturday, December 21, 2019

Breathing Room

written: December 20

Photo 629/1001

0629

Lovely card that Alice made for me.

I had a great little chat with Denise today. I inquired if Dustin was always so....tightly wound. ::chuckles:: She laughed and said yes, and that it’s something she’s been working with him on for a while now. She told me as well to not be afraid to tell him to pump the brakes or to tell him “I’ve got this, thanks”. And she also told me that after Dustin’s and my pow wow in the break room about upcoming craft projects, that Emily mentioned that I had a TON of great ideas. So that was really nice to hear, since Dustin seemed hell bent on shooting every single one of them down.

Luckily, today Dustin doesn’t work (because he works tomorrow), so I can breathe a little bit and not have him breathing down my neck on everything. And I will be putting my foot down and really showing him how passive resistance works. ::chuckles:: I’m a pro at that. I just pick my stance on something and not budge on it. I don’t have to get into a screaming match or be overly aggressive in resisting. I just become a completely immovable object and refuse to get excited with him about it. ::laughs::

I perfected that in the after school program when the bosses kept pushing the Cardboard Challenge idea on us. I wouldn’t say anything about it unless they directly asked me. And then I would simply state that we would not be doing that on my campus. And the supervisors would always just be so shocked. They would tell me I “have” to do it…and I would simply state that “no, I did not”. They would fire back that it was not “optional” and I would just reiterate that I would not be doing that on my campus. And I would just sit there watching them be utterly lost at what to do about it. I was being defiant. I was being insubordinate. And I was flat out refusing a “direct order”. But I was so calm, quiet, and respectful about it, that they just didn’t know how to handle it. ::laughs:: So yeah, I’ll be doing that with Dustin here soon. We’ll see how he reacts to it. ::grins toothily::

Other than that, it was a pleasantly quiet day. I wish I was on desk more than they have me at times, but hey, it all works out in the end. And talking with Denise, I really feel like I’m going to like it here. For the most part, it’s a nice, easy pace. Though, I’m sure that will change when Summer hits and the kiddos are spending more time at the library because they are out of school. So for now, I’ll enjoy the leisure pace. ::smiles::

No comments:

Post a Comment