Sunday, December 15, 2019

Desk Buddy

written: Dec 14

Photo 623/1001

0623

My cute little desk buddy up at work.

Up bright and early to be at the Library for my first Saturday shift. I brought along the book I’m currently reading (Imaginary Friend, by Stephen Chbosky), so hopefully I can get some more reading done on my lunch break. It’s been a while since a book has hooked me like this. I read a few chapters last night before heading to bed as well.

I need to sit down and write a list of clothing items I need to add to my wardrobe. I’m just going to say fuck it and buy some men’s pants for work. This not having pockets at all bullshit has got to go. ::laughs:: And I do want a pair of boots to wear with the skirts Mom gave me. I’m taking note of what my coworkers are wearing and figuring out what I can wear that is similar enough. I’m hoping in a few months, once I’ve kind of proven myself, I can approach Denise (director) and inquire about hair coloring. I would love to have a few blue or purple streaks put in my hair. ::smiles:: That would make me so incredibly happy.

Ug, nothing is worse than having a truly amazing book to read, and your job limiting how much time you can read it! ::laughs:: Oh well, gotta make that money, ya know.

Speaking of which, the paycheck (which is most likely my last) from the after school program is pretty decent. So yeah, I will be backing the Nameless One Tarot/Oracle deck. I’ve been watching it for a while now on Kickstarter and definitely would love to add that deck to my collection, but couldn’t justify spending the money right now. So once all my bills are paid for the month, I should have the money left over that I can get in on that deck. I’ve been watching the artist on Facebook as she’s worked towards creating the deck, so it would be very cool to get my hands on the finished deck.

I seriously need to put my room back to rights. I’ve been putting that off for a while now. ::chuckles:: Another one of the wisteria pods exploded open around 2 am. I swear, that’s the only time they open. Only have 6 pods left that I am waiting for them to open. I will be packing some of the seeds and opened pods up to send to Weldon’s wife. She had expressed interest in having some of the seeds. Maybe I will plant one or two of the seeds myself. When it gets big enough to survive outside, I could put it by the fence David built. It should keep it fairly well contained to our yard. Maybe I could start a seed for my Mom as well. She loves wisteria and we used to have a wisteria plant at the house I grew up in.

Ug, they are having a dance recital at the library, and I am so ready for them to go into the Meeting Room already for it. I’m tired of the crowd and the noise. I’m tired of smiling and being helpful. ::laughs:: Don’t they know I just want my quiet library time?!?! ::chuckles:: Honestly, I just want to go to the back and read. That would be perfect right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment