Saturday, December 7, 2019

Panicking

written: December 03

Photo 612/1001

0612

A post card I received today from Portugal via Postcrossing.

Today at work, Emily was fully decked out in a cute Christmas elf sweater with a ton of jingle bells. She sneezed earlier, and I piped up that it sounded like Santa came to town early. ::chuckles:: I think I’m going to fit in quite well with my co-workers.

The Da. Library sent me a criminal background check release form, so it would seem that I’m still being considered for that job. I won’t lie, I was tempted for a good while to go ahead and fill it out and see what they ended up offering. But then again, they’ve left me hanging in the breeze now for a while, so that definitely leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

And honestly, I’m mostly panicking over the fact that in January, I will be responsible for doing all the story times. Like the ones for babies. ::cue panic flailing:: I do not like babies. Or toddlers for the most part either. So yeah, I’m a bit anxious over that. And it’s a little intimidating to know that I am THE Children’s Librarian. I mean, yeah, Dustin is the youth services supervisor, but still. That’s one hell of a title to put on me right now and I’m terrified of fucking it up.

I just keep repeating to myself over and over that this is a learning experience. My co-workers all want me to succeed, which means their library succeeds. So they are going to help me when I need it. I just need to breath and focus on learning the steps right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment