Sunday, December 15, 2019

Friday, the 13th

written: December 13

Photo 622/1001

0622

I picked this book up this afternoon from my local library, and already I am on page 250! Seriously, it is so damn good.

I had so many plans for today… I did accomplish a few, but not nearly as many as I wanted. ::chuckles:: Though, it’s also nice to simply enjoy having a day off of work. It’s still a major adjustment to working full time when I’ve pretty much only worked part-time for the vast majority of my life.

I was finally able to access my voicemails (my cell phone has been throwing a temper tantrum for a while now). I had SIX voicemails from the Da. Library, inquiring if I was still interested in the position they’ve offered. It was kind of nice to be THAT wanted. ::chuckles:: And I’ll admit, I thought about accepting their offer for a while today. It’s almost double the pay. BUT, it’s a good 45-minute drive one way (and that’s being optimistic). And here at the F.B. Library, I genuinely like everyone. Even the hard ass, Caren. AND, my favorite students from the after school program can come visit me here at the F.B. Library at any point. There’s no way they would go all the way over to the Da. Library to see me. So yeah, while the pay increase would be nice, I am genuinely happy right where I am. So I’ve emailed the Da. Library, thanking them for the offer, but letting them know I’ve already accepted a position at a different library.

I finished up reading Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel. It was in my cubicle, and I started reading it just to have something to read. I wasn’t overly impressed with it in the beginning, but about mid-way through, it really started getting good. I brought it home so I could finish it, because I needed to know how it ended. I don’t care for how open ended the ending was, but all in all a good book.

I finally got around to making my own “reading passport” book. I got the idea from Letterfolk. They have a ton of various “passports” for you to record your information in, from wine to coffee, to hiking, to museums. But I figured I could make my own, so it would be tailored to what I like. And I think my goal passport, zoo passport, and book passport pages turned out quite well. Though, I may modify the book one, so there is a spot on the page to include a photo of the book cover. Or I could just put the book cover on the back. Eh, just things to work on and tweak as I see fit and have the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment