Saturday, December 21, 2019

Yule Party

written: December 15

Photo 624/1001

0624

Beautiful smudge fan that my High Priestess gave me (along many other things).

Today was our Coven’s Yule ritual and celebration. I gave my Coven members each a bottle of my Red Fast Luck Oil (with a Peridot and Citrine chip inside the bottle) with those fabulous red bags I shared a few days back. I wish I had bagged up an extra one to give to Sasha (Aesa’s boyfriend). I thought about doing that when Aesa said he would be coming with her, but then worried that it would be weird to give him a gift since I hadn’t met him previously. I wish I would just embrace my weirdness and go with it. ::chuckles:: Oh well. Maybe next time.

I had an owl fly right in front of my car as I was almost to the Coven-stead. So incredible. Just this great gray ghost that materialized out of the black night and then faded back into the darkness, barely giving me enough time to recognize what it was. So I have a feeling that the totem for 2020 just made her appearance. ::smiles::

Yule ritual was pleasant. Sasha also joined us for that. It’s been ages since I’ve done ritual with a male present, and it threw me off for a micro-second. But Sasha is really cool, really mellow, so he meshed well.

I’ll have to ask the High Priestess to send me the information she read to us about the Tomte and the goddess Holde (not sure on the spelling). She talked about celebrating the darkness, instead of our constant focus on the light, and the gifts the darkness brings. She also talked about how this coming year will be mostly in Capricorn and that most people believe it’s a limiting, earth bound year. But she said, instead, it’s about a culmination of everything we’ve built up to. That Capricorn is about finding your solid rock, your foundation, and setting the stage for the next level.

And I feel this really resonates with me right now. As 2019 winds down, so much is “new” for me. I have completed my Master’s degree. I have left the after school program after 12 years of working there. I have begun my library job. It just feels like things are finally falling into place, and that this next year will be about solidifying my career and understanding of my job. I will be setting some serious financial goals for myself, because I definitely want to get that on a firm foundation. And my spirituality is firm, and most likely I will be petitioning for initiation in the coming months to the Coven.

2019 was one hell of a roller coaster ride. It was a year of constant flux. I never felt like I had a firm grip on anything. I never felt like I had any sort of firm footing. I was just doing my best to keep my head above water.
Hopefully 2020 will be a year of less flux. Of more stability. Hopefully a lot more SANITY, as 2019 barely had any! ::laughs::

No comments:

Post a Comment