Thursday, August 1, 2019

Sorcery of Thorns

written:  July 30

Photo 486/1001

0486

I picked up this book at the Library when I finished up all my work for the after school program’s Orientation Week. It was recommended to me by my Canadian Twin, Brandy and she described it as being about “library wardens and sentient grimoires”. You know that peaked my interest. I picked up the book at 2:30 and read until my husband got home around 8:30 pm. I’m 410 pages into the 453-page book and I LOVE it. I seriously may have to pick up a copy to add to my own personal collection. It’s been ages since I’ve devoured a book like this…almost in one sitting.

I’m not going to work tomorrow. I’m giving myself that day off because I fucking need it. I’ve finished up everything for the binders AND the class on documentation that I teach. I technically could go back to the Tech Job early tomorrow…but yeah. I’m not. I’m sleeping in. I’m relaxing. And I’m going to start looking for library jobs. I dunno. My head boss, Kelly, was kind of snotty to me today, saying that “Oh, I thought you were going to be coming back? Did you even get your Master’s degree?”. And it was the tone that went with it, that just rubbed me the wrong way. It’s almost like she was disappointed that I was returning. It was just…snotty. It’s the only way I can really describe it.

So that’s lit a fire under my ass. Because, I was giving them a heads up that there was a possibility that I might not return this school year, based on if I got a library job. Because, I was trying to be a GOOD employee and I didn’t want to be the shitty one to call them two days before Orientation and say “I’m out!” without them ever knowing it was a possibility. Which, we have had 2 campus leaders and about 5 aides that I’m aware of that have quit this WEEK. Orientation is next week. So yeah, I was trying to be the “better person” here and I just got a whole lot of snotty attitude. So fuck that noise. I won’t be doing that any more.

So tomorrow’s plan is to apply for library jobs. Because I would love nothing more than to quit the after school job as soon as possible. I’m over the snark. I’m over the pettiness. I’m over the playing favorites. I’m over the fly-by-the-seat-of-our-pants type of leadership. I’m over it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment