Friday, August 16, 2019

Motivation

written:  August 15

Photo 502/1001

0502

Some fun Halloween themed stamps I picked up earlier at the Tuesday Morning store. I’ll be going back and picking up another set for a friend in Canada (Tara L.), since she doesn’t have that store up there and apparently Michael’s craft store charges crazy prices for stamps. She does a lot of scrapbooking and is Pagan, so these are perfect for her.

Since I already knew I had to take a shower before I went to work today and the heat wasn’t god-awful, I took Josey-pup on a walk. We haven’t done that in a while, since the heat index has been up around 110+ for weeks now. And then, since I was already sweaty from that, I decided to use the elliptical as well. I bumped up the level (resistance) on the elliptical and man, my knees were NOT happy.

It seems after an evening of bad depression, I’m always ready to take on the world the next morning. ::shrugs:: I just wish it didn’t take a bad night to get me going the next morning. Like, can I have this motivation WITHOUT the soul-crushing depression? That would REALLY nice.

Since I have my mornings back now that the after school program has started up AND my husband has returned to work (he was on vacation the past week and a half), maybe I can start doing some of those crafty ideas that have been collecting and breeding on my Pinterest board.

Job hunting is disheartening. Almost every library job wants someone with a minimum of one year’s experience working IN a library. I don’t have that. ::sighs:: So now I’m trying to figure out how I can do a year part time in a library while still maintaining health insurance. The part time jobs, for the most part, don’t require a year’s worth of library experience…but most of the time, they don’t offer any benefits, AND the pay is a lot lower than what I make at the after school program. And really, it’s the anti-depressant medication that REQUIRES me to be on health insurance. A month’s supply without health insurance is around $350. On my current insurance, it’s FREE. And if I’m only working 19 hours a week at $9 an hour…that’s more than half my month’s paycheck. And I have other bills to pay as well. ::sighs:: Maybe I could volunteer at the school library where my after school program is in the mornings during the school year. Then I would at least have SOME experience under my belt and still run my after school program (for the pay and the health insurance). All the part time library jobs I’ve seen thus far have their hours in the afternoon, evenings, and weekends. Which, I’m fine with the weekends. I just can’t swing the afternoon/evenings due to my after school program.

No comments:

Post a Comment