Sunday, August 11, 2019

Proud

written: August 09

Photo 496/1001

0496

Bosses’ thank you for doing the Documentation class – a water bottle full of assorted candy. I think I may empty the candy out and actually use the water bottle this year at work. As much as I adore my Frappuccinos (the ones in the bottles that you can get at any gas station), I do know that I need to be drinking more water.

I can’t live off of caffeine and nicotine forever.

Today was the final day of actual Orientation. Special Ed came out to give a presentation, and for the most part, I really liked it. But then they decided to show a video that demonstrates how sensory overload feels like. Which, I get. The normies need to see what this is like for the rest of us (I do get sensory overload from time to time). But damn, I was already sitting in a room of 200 people for the past week. My nerves are more than a little frazzled as it is. And that? That was just too much. I ended up just plugging my ears and focusing on my paper until it was done.

And then I finally got around to depositing the check my Mom gave me for graduation – in the memo part of the check she had written “from Fwing she’s saying “Woohoo!” So I text Mom thanking her for that and for believing in me. Especially when I didn’t believe in myself. I told her that I was truly blessed to have her as my Mom.

And she wrote back “I always said I wish you could see yourself through my eyes!!”
And “I do believe we were given to each other for a reason…sometimes a blessing and sometimes a curse! Lol! We both deserved the challenge!”
And then “Pop and Fwing are proud of you, too.”

Talk about making me cry! And David and I were about to head out to Texas Roadhouse. ::laughs:: So I had to go wash my face. ::smiles:: But it was a good thing and something I just really needed to hear then.

No comments:

Post a Comment