Sunday, August 11, 2019

Joy Bots

written:  August 07

Photo 494/1001

0494

My “Joy Bot” I made at orientation today. It’s a Be Unique Bot. ::smiles:: Because you know me. I can’t ever just follow directions. ::laughs:: And I had to do something that is uniquely me.

But I love the idea behind it. And we have a SHIT TON of dominoes at the campus that we don’t use. I don’t let the kiddos play with them because they are SO loud when they knock the dominoes down. But this way, we can have every kid make their own Joy Bot. And the Zone Leaders gave us the sharpies we were using to make these, so I have a huge gallon bag of brand new sharpies we can use. I think it would be cute to have each student make their own Joy Bot and tell us what its job is. Then we can photograph the Joy Bot, type up what they tell us the Bot does and display the photos and the write-ups in the cafeteria. Oooooh, we could even have the kiddos sign the write up before we hang it up to display. If I can photograph the students (if the parents have given us permission), it would be even cooler to photograph the kiddo with their Bot. I could even turn it into a small book thing for them to flip through and look at during our reading time. Sooooo many ideas!

Surprisingly, I’m rather excited about this school year. The lesson plans that they’ve put together seems to be pretty cool and something that would keep my kiddos’ interest. It’s a journey around the world, and in the first week, we have the kiddos make passports. I think it would be awesome to have stickers printed with the country flag and name, and let them put those in their passports (that we would keep on campus) as they do the crafts. And then at the end of the year, they would get to take it home. We could even put a couple of blank pages in the back, and let the kids autograph them that last week. I’m gonna need to write the ideas down in my work journal so I have access to them on campus. I really want to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment