Saturday, November 3, 2018

Venison

written: November 01

Photo 215/1001

The beginnings of my famous Venison Chili Cheese Dip. This dip is so damn delicious.

0215

My version:
- 1 pound ground venison (though ground beef or ground turkey work just as well)
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
—Cook these together in a skillet until meat is fully browned and onions are translucent.
In a pot, melt 1 block of Velveeta cheese (cubed) and a can of Wolf Brand Chili (no beans). When that is melted, mix in the venison, onion, and bell pepper until fully combined. I eat these with Fritos Scoops. Any of those thin corn chips will NOT stand up to this hearty dip.

I didn’t take a photo of it once it was all combined. It’s just not a “pretty” dip. But holy hell, it is delicious and will fill you up in no time flat. ::smiles:: It’s one of the foods I associate with this time of the year. Cooler temperatures and stronger winds…autumn is coming. Which brings deer season, which brings venison. With my brother having so much work and family responsibilities, his ability to hunt has drastically decreased. I might have to step in soon and start hunting.

But I would prefer to start off hunting pigs. I am pretty sure I would not hesitate to pull the trigger on the feral hogs we have out on our land. But I definitely wouldn’t want to hunt those solo. Cell reception out on our land is hit and miss BIG time, and I wouldn’t risk a nasty run-in with a pack of feral hogs without any backup or ability to get to help, should I require it. Running into coyotes, bobcats, or even a puma out on the land doesn’t frighten me. But coming face to face with one of our monster feral hogs out there while on foot? That shit chills me to the bone.

But I’m thinking hunting pigs could help me work up to hunting deer. Eventually, I would love to go elk hunting. One of those would feed us for a WHILE. ::laughs::

No comments:

Post a Comment