Thursday, January 26, 2017

Thankful Thursday 04

Photo for today is of some amazing items I received in the mail:

alt text

The Shield Maiden scented oil is made by Sage Goddess and was gifted to me by Brandy. She received it as a free gift from Sage Goddess, but the aroma didn’t fit her personality. So she offered it to me. One whiff and the Harpies were chattering – they have laid claim to the oil. It’s interesting because they’ve actually been very quiet as of late, but holy hell, they started up a ruckus over that scented oil. Actually, reading the description of the perfume…I got down to the two gemstones Sage Goddess puts in the perfume oil and one of them is Sodalite, which is a stone I associate with the Harpies. Crazy how that stuff links up. Note to Self: Print out the write up about this scented oil and include it in the Grimoire.

The other two vials are from Mary. The clear one on the left is a bottle of tranquilo balsam – it is used in a Santeria spell to get someone to “chill” – very similar to the Hoodoo Sweetening Spell. Note to Self: Write down the above spell that Mary shared in case it is needed at a later time.

The vial on the right is a vial of New Age ink – Dragon’s Blood Ink. This should prove quite fun to play with in one of my fountain pens. Just have to decide which one.

I am thankful…
1. Chipping away at the reading for my two courses. I knew the management class would be helpful. And the preservation one is intriguing. So all of that to say, thus far, I am enjoying my two classes this semester.
2. Happy mail day today – gifts from Mary and Brandy (which were discussed above).
3. That when everything was said and done and the smoke clear and the debris settled, The Boss saw things my way and apologized for her horribleness. In theory, she claims she has my back and is giving me free reign on my campus’s lessons plans and I hope that this is what she practices as well.
4. Affirmation of the power of personal magick. Just reminds me how much I love this Path of mine.
5. My sleeping habits are so much better now. I’m not sure if it’s due to the thyroid medicine or not, but I will not look a gift horse in the mouth on this. I will take it and I will run with it in bliss for as long as it lasts.
6. The continued support of my followers on Deviant Art. It is so very humbling to know that I have about 20 die-hard fans that I can always count on to share their appreciation of my photography. And for someone who hugs the shadows and likes her anonymity…that is impressive, and very heart-warming.
7. The massive turn out for the Women’s March. It is impressive and I hope it’s just the beginning of us working hard to protect our hard-earned rights and protections.
8. For my unwavering dedication to my students and that I honestly only want what is best for them. And my ability and willingness to fight tooth and nail for this.
9. That I have my own bedroom – I am especially grateful for this as I sit here writing this in the living room, listening to my husband snore loud enough to wake the dead.
10. GIRL SCOUT COOKIES! I haven’t had them in a few years now, but I’m thrilled to be snacking on some Thin Mints once more!

No comments:

Post a Comment