Monday, January 2, 2017

Manifest & Jaguar

Woohoo for Day 2 of 2017!

A fairly productive day. I walked Josey and she’s doing better on these walks. It just sucked that someone else’s damn dog was out and about and I had to work hard to keep Josey listening to me while I’m also keeping an eye on this loose dog. So it was a good walk, but it ended on a sour note because Josey thought she was in trouble there at the end. ::sighs:: I hate that so many people just let their damn dogs run loose here from time to time. And this particular lady, I’ve seen her dog out TWICE now since 2017 started. I just wish I knew which house she lived in because I’ll go to her door and let her know (nicely) that her dog is out. I’m not looking to start a fight at all. I know how sad we would be if Josey was out and got hit by a car, and I certainly wouldn’t want this to happen to her dog. It’s not aggressive, but I can’t take the chance that this little dog will run up on us and Josey will seriously hurt and/or kill the dog. Because I’m pretty sure, in the eyes of the law, Josey would be labeled an aggressive dog and there’s a chance they could take her from us and destroy her. And, THAT, I can tell you, would send me and my husband over the edge. I wouldn’t be so damn polite at that point to the lady with the escapee dog.

On to the #CY365 challenge for today: One Word.

alt text

My One Word for 2017 is Manifest. I was kicking around rebirth, transformation, etc….but I didn’t care for the fiery death that is required of those to occur. I really try not to invite extra chaos into my life. I have enough naturally occurring within myself and with the deities/spirits I interact with that inviting MORE is borderline INSANE.

So Manifest instead. Not quite so phoenix or werewolf ish – not quite so much “destroy to rebuild”. Manifest (v). to make clear or evident to the eye or understanding; show plainly.

I intend to Manifest:
- My faith – to make it stronger and deeper, to clarify it more (well, as much as Witchcraft can be clarified)
- Better work environment – as the manager, I set the tone for my work environment and I’ve become far too caught up in petty bickering, between me and my supervisors, between me and my aides.
- A healthier financial realm – being more mindful of my spending and more aggressive in paying off debts
- A strong work ethic for my classes – going to achieve a 4.0 both semesters this year – and strive to continue improving my cumulative GPA.
- Saying Yes to myself – doing the things that bring lasting enjoyment – cutting down on the “junk food” in this department (the little trivial things that make me happy for a moment but just leave me wanting more; stuff that does not actually improve my life).

The Totem for this year is the Jaguar. I was wanting a totem that could see in the “dark” – so I could see all aspects of a situation and make better choices. I kicked around a number of animals before thinking of the Jaguar. And once I really started reading its totem qualities, it was like a sucker punch to the gut. THIS is definitely my animal for this year. And it is showing me some changes that will be made; ones that I can begin implementing now….or at least preparing for them now. I’m not sure when or how those challenges/changes will occur, but I can at least see them coming down the pipe and begin preparing now.

No comments:

Post a Comment