Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Grimoire & Altar Cloth

I didn’t use the #cy365 prompt from today – it was “print”.

Instead, I’m taking the prompt from the 2017 YouTube Pagan Challenge from last week. I know, this ain’t YouTube, but I do like the prompts. I just don’t do video. I have to remain in the closet because of my job….and I don’t want any part of the NASTY drama that goes on in YouTube Pagan Land. Fuck that noise.

Anyways. Week 1 of the 2017 YT Pagan Challenge (yeah, yeah, I know I am a week behind, but I’ll catch up!): Show and tell – your grimoires, notebooks, journals, etc. What type of book do you prefer?

And seeing as how excited I am about my working grimoire for this year, I decided this was a perfect time to show the very beginnings off.

Title Page:

alt text

I have the beautiful art card from Luna Blue Boutique covering up my Craft Name. As I’ve stated before, I am a collector of names and have used many throughout my life. But my Craft Name is one that I hold very near and dear to the heart. It’s once I created myself that sums me up pretty damn well. So yeah, I ain’t tossing that out for every day consumption.

The other three pages I have titles done for:

alt text

I just really like the way these have come out. I just need to type up what I want to say about each one (because I type worlds faster than I write) and then I can copy it over onto the paper in my own handwriting. I am old school about that kind of thing. I can print out articles and whatnot. I can type up my rituals for speed and ease. But if they are truly going in my grimoire, then I will be handwriting them.

So yeah, this is the beginning of this year’s grimoire. I kind of like the idea of doing a new one each year. I am keeping this one in a gray 3-ring binder as my working grimoire. At the end of the year, it will be moved over into a black leather 3-ring binder, or I may have it bound into an actual book. Haven’t decided yet, and I still have quite a bit of time to figure that out. For next year’s working grimoire, I’ll copy over things that haven’t changed, but will basically start it from the ground up again. At that point, this year’s grimoire will be more of a reference book for the new year. And I hope to continue this tradition each year.

I do like the bound books honestly. But it just doesn’t make sense for a working grimoire. I like there to be order, to be able to move and shuffle information around as needed. And my altar is small, so I need to be able to just have the necessary papers and leave the binder itself in the cabinet. That is what my altar is….a two tier cabinet, so the binder would be stored under the working altar – where the altar cloth, tools, candles, etc. that are used in the actual ritual. Hmmm, I don’t feel like I’m explaining this very well, so tomorrow’s entry very well may be a photo-essay about my altar just so I feel I’ve done a better job explaining it all. And that will go into my working grimoire as well!

And totally unrelated, but I figured while I was taking various photos, I might as well get one of the altar cloth I’m so happy made it in time for this Full Moon:

alt text

For serious, ain’t it GORGEOUS?!?!
And it cost me $6.98 (that’s WITH shipping). Gotta love beautiful, cheap, well-made fabric!

No comments:

Post a Comment