Thursday, January 26, 2017

Respect & Voodoo

written: Jan 25th

Today’s photo is of the AMAZING Imbolc candle I purchased from Moon Goddess Magick Apothecary, along with the surprise gift of a Hag Stone and a piece of tumbled Quartz (as an apology for taking so long to get the candle to me):

alt text

Which is why I ordered it at the beginning of the month, because all of her stuff is made when you order it, so there can be a significant wait time. But the quality of the candles she makes? Soooo worth the wait and the price tag. And who doesn’t adore the jars the candle comes in? I mean, hello amazing witch jar for damn sure! Which, I say that, and currently have 3 or 4 of these jars that I haven’t used yet. ::laughs::

So shit went down at work today. The Boss, Gail, came in, guns fucking blazing. She even had the gall to threaten me and my staff’s jobs. Yeah, like THAT’S a great way to START a fucking conversation! ::rolls her eyes:: And she talked over us each time we tried to speak up. She’d ask us a question, but if she didn’t like the answer we were giving her, she’d cut us off. Seriously, grossly unprofessional.

But she did end up staying the entire day. And seeing for herself how well my campus DOES run with so little heavy-handed structure. And around 4:30 pm, when things had calmed down on my campus and a number of the students had left, I approached Gail and asked if we could talk. I told her that I needed the opportunity to explain a few things and ask for clarification on a number of points that even during her earlier ass-chewing she only muddied the waters on it.

And you know what? We sat and talked from 4:30 to 6:30 pm, like CIVILIZED human beings who RESPECTED each other. Like we were on the same TEAM or some crazy shit like that! ::laughs::
So yeah….we all go threatened with our jobs at 2:20 pm and Gail was practically screaming “YOU WILL RESPECT ME”. Which, in my mind, I kept thinking of this great clip from South Park:


alt text

But at 6:30 pm, Gail was apologizing to each of us for coming in with a major chip on her shoulder, judging us before even taking the time to see what was really going on, and condemning us without ever giving us the chance to explain, defend, or gain any sort of clarity of the matters we were getting chewed the fuck out over.

So yeah. I have been given full permission and SUPPORT to run my campus as I see fit. I don’t have to do their stupid ass lesson plans as long as I submit my own for my campus to her at least a week in advance (which is how it used to be).

And, she made it abundantly clear that she’s leaving at the end of this year. Thank god.

So yeah, apparently my fucking Voodoo magic is strong! ::laughs:: Interesting, as I did that Hoodoo Sweetening Spell a week ago yesterday. And you talk about a complete change in personality and tone and all of that with this damn boss.

So yeah, that spell is for damn sure going in my Grimoire.

No comments:

Post a Comment