Thursday, January 5, 2017

Books, Rage, And Opportunity

The #cy365 photo challenge prompt for today was “Overlooked” which I found beyond uninspiring. Instead, I am sharing a photo of the cover of a book I just finished reading:

alt text

My mom lent me this book and said she thought I would enjoy it because I like the fantasy type reading. This book blends the fantasy with real world which made for a very interesting read. And I like the Grandmother’s spin on making real-world issues into fairy tales that her granddaughter can readily understand. I just didn’t like the random made up words because my brain sputtered at each and every one of them….every single time they appeared on the page…all 370 pages. Actually, I take that back. The completely made up words didn’t bother me nearly as much as the ones that were based on real words, but were changed just enough to be a nonsense jumble of letters. Those really bothered me.

I have to fan-girl for a small second.

I have been following The Nephilim Rising page on Facebook for a while. It is Left-Handed Path oriented, pro-female, pro-sex, and just all around bad-assery. Anyways, the awesome woman running it shared a video clip of some Pegasus and everyone was commenting on how they wanted to know what movie it was from. And guess what? I KNEW the movie! So I left a note letting them know what movie it was in. And this awesome woman TAGGED me and THANKED me PERSONALLY for letting them know. Woot!

Today, Rage is boiling just under my skin. Rage, like a tiger, stalking through my bones, my blood, my muscle. Clawing and scratching and wanting out. Out to destroy. Not to destroy so that something better can grow in its place….no. It wants to destroy for the sake of being destructive.

Maybe it’s due to the fact that I wasn’t able to use the elliptical and walk Josey. Because I was running David to his doctor’s appointment. That it sucked up my morning. That I’m pissed because it’s cold and horrible and I had zero desire to be out in it. Maybe it’s because my boss proved again how incompetent she is.

Or maybe I’m just being a whiny little bitch, snarling over here in the corner. ::sighs::

So tomorrow is a new day. It’s a do-over. I can wipe the slate clean and set a new intention. And I’m really looking forward to this. I have to run David around to pick up his prescription in the morning. But after that, I’m getting my butt on the damn elliptical and I’m going to run this Rage out. Wear the tiger out so it doesn’t destroy the world.

I need to sit down and hash out my thoughts on the Jaguar totem I’ve claimed / that’s claimed me for 2017. There’s some thoughts fluttering around in my head, but that I just haven’t sat still with long enough to really give them weight. I need to roll them around in my hands and make them real before I can spill them out onto the page.

Ooooh, I got to looking for a “local” (a very, VERY relative term in this massive state) group that does Vision Quests…..and I found an awesome group. Not only does it do Vision Quests, but a load of other classes I am really interested in. I just wish they had the 2017 calendar up so I could start planning for those classes. I have emailed them inquiring about the schedule and signed up for their newsletter. I am honestly kind of excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment