Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Hair and Devotions

written: January 9th

The #cy365 prompt today is “Game” – my interpretation is the game I’m currently playing of “how long can I grow my hair out”. This is the length I am currently at (roughly around 30 inches, scalp to tip):

alt text

I keep saying I am going to go get my hair cut/trimmed. Normally, I have between 4 and 8 inches cut off, but I keep stalling about doing it. I don’t know why, but I really, really don’t want to cut it. Even if I know it would make my hair look so much healthier. I’m sure at some point I will go in and get it cleaned up…but for now, I am relishing the sheer length of it.

So I guess all my wishing yesterday paid off. My new, dark blue altar cloth arrived today – a full three days early! And it’s gorgeous. ::chuckles:: I am very happy with it. The altar cloths I use are actually Pashmina Shawls that I purchase from Aileen’s Scarves on eBay. They are cheap. The seller is lightning fast on the shipping. And they are perfect for my altar. ::smiles:: So I’m starting to set up for that. I’ll be sure to take a photo of the altar cloth before I get everything set up, to show off its gorgeous color.

I watched a video by MonsoonMagick called “Sacred Art – an act of devotion PLUS a Book Review”
that I just fell in love with. She reviews the book “The Modern Witchcraft Grimoire” by Skye Alexander and discusses how working in one’s grimoire should be a sacred act, an action of devotion. And I just LOVE that idea. I have even purchased the book (used, to save some money) and plan to read through it and see what all I can gleam from it. But this video and the lesson behind it, spurred me to start honestly working in my own Working Grimoire for 2017.
I found a font I like that I’ll use for the titles of the pages. Since I am using a 3-ring binder and I came across a huge stack of assorted colored cardstock, that’s what I’m electing to use. I’ve already got the title page for the Grimoire done, plus headings for the smudging I did at the first of the year, the upcoming Full Wolf Moon, and my daily affirmation ritual. I will share photos of those tomorrow. I don’t have an issue just sharing the title pages. But once I actually fill in the information…that I won’t be sharing.

I have to walk a fine line between sharing information to help others, and oversharing and thus exposing my own hard-earned lessons/truths. If I were in a teaching Coven, some I would be happy to share. But even then, there are some truths that are only meant for me, on my Path, at this time.
That’s the beauty of this Path. It is ever changing, ever evolving. Just because it is my truth today does not mean it will be my truth a month or a year from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment