Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Don't Challenge Storms

written: Jan 16th

Whew buddy! Seems the storm took my comment about it knocking the power out for a little bit as a serious affront to its honor and that bitch KILLED my internet! Like, dude, that’s harsh! Power was fine, but it slaughtered my internet. The soonest the Techs can get out to fix it is TUESDAY! ::grumbles:: So yeah, I have a full day off of work today and NO internet!

So, I finally got my butt in gear and finished the smudging. On January 1st, I smudged the house down with an amazingly smoky sage bundle, to drive out all the stale, negative residue from 2016. I had every intention of smudging down the following day with sweetgrass to invite in good and positive energy. But I never did get around to it. Until today. I had forgotten how good sweetgrass smells and how little it smokes.

Today’s photo is of that. The same eagle feather that I used on the 1st, and that is always present on my altar. And a braid of sweetgrass. Note to self: Look into picking some more up, as I would like to make it a point to smudge down the house periodically to keep the negative energy from piling up and tainting everything in our lives.

alt text

I went and played at Michael’s for a bit, looking for spell jars for the Sweetening Spell I need to do asap. Found the perfect ones. Not too big and not too tiny. I have two of those cute little jars soaking up the good energy from my altar (called “charging” in the Pagan world). I just need to toss the spell together and get it set before Wednesday. That’s the big day that my boss is going to come out and show me how to “properly” run my campus (even though she’s NEVER worked on one of our campuses in our after school program, ever). ::rolls her eyes:: As you can tell, I am less than thrilled at this prospect and am less than open to the idea either. So yeah, I need a bit of help in that department, so hopefully this spell will be a nudge in the right direction.

Seeing as how my internet is down, I spent the day catching up on my 10-year journal (around 2 sentences per day). Because of the down time from no internet, I got all of 2016 done, and most of 2017 thus far this year done as well. I also got caught up on my goal of writing down three things I am grateful for each day. I just need to transfer the rough draft information over into the journal I have specifically for that.

Wednesday, hopefully while my boss is running my campus for me (showing me all the ways I am doing everything wrong), I can sneak away and make some copies for myself. I need to copy the article over the Tabula Rasa ritual, so I can send it to a new Pagan pen-pal of mine. I had mentioned it in my first letter to her and she’s interested, but couldn’t find any information on it. So I’ll copy the article and send it along with the letter I’ve written to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment