Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Jaguar Wolf Warrior

A fellow blogger, Spring in Jeans, commented on my previous entry with Manifest away jaguar, wolf, warrior! And I just LOVED it. I simply removed the commas to give myself an easy, three-word Mantra to sum up 2017 = Jaguar Wolf Warrior.

And then I came across this piece of art:
alt text

It is titled “Heart of the Jaguar” by Susan Seddon Boulet and it is PERFECT for this year. I need to get to cracking on a Vision Board for 2017.

#cy365 prompt for today: Contemplation

Well, I have two photos for this one.
alt text

First, is a photo that has quite the story attached to it.

I was picking up the above 7-day candle at Target when the cashier (an older, white lady) inquired if Hanukkah was still going on. I gave her a puzzled look, to which she replied “Well don’t you Jews use these candles for Hanukkah?”

You Jews? Really?

A few moments passed before I elected to tell her that 7-day candles are traditionally used for Saints and whatnot in CATHOLICISM.

That Jews typically use chime candles, which are slightly larger than birthday candles, in their lighting of the Menorah.

But, because I am neither of those, I was using this AMAZING candle on my Pagan altar.

That shut her up quite nicely, and I made sure to wish her an awesome day with the biggest, cheesy grin possible.

I just can’t get over how racist and all around prejudice in her remark, though I am at least happy she knows that Jews use candles in the Menorah. But everything else was just shitty.

Second photo is the one I had planned out in my head when I first read the prompt:
alt text

It is my Catch-All Journal (an awesome composition notebook that has one of those “adult coloring” designs on it….that I have not colored in at all, so it is all black and white, and I just love it), on my altar with a “Shadow” tea light from Sage Goddess (seriously, I have an addiction….but I am working very, VERY hard to severely limit my purchases from her website…..she is totally my guilty pleasure, I swear!) and the Gilded Tarot. See, I have been a bad Tarot Challenger and had not done ANY of my daily draws for this month yet. ::laughs:: So I did Days 1 through 3 right then.

I debated on which deck to use. I was tempted to use any deck OTHER than the Gilded Tarot. It does not sugar coat a damn thing. But honestly, it also calls me out on my bullshit, which is what I need. Not what I want, mind you, but what I need. So all of that to say, I am using the damn Gilded Tarot.

It has not sucker punched me at the moment…which has me very, very wary. It is being allusive, mysterious, and shadowy. Which has me very, very, VERY wary. Extremely wary. So right now, I am cautious and just waiting for the Gilded Tarot to hit me when I am least expecting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment