Saturday, January 28, 2017

Battle Fatigue

written Jan 27th



I forgot to take a photo of the big rooster mural the students and I colored today for the Chinese New Year.  I got it from here.  So this is a place holder for when I get on campus on Monday and can get a photo of it. 

Man it’s been a while since work had just utterly worn me out this badly.  I even ended up with a headache.  I had my daily coffee and plenty of water, but still it showed up.  Almost migraine level.  So weird.

All in all, it was a damn good day at work.  We got the mural done and it looks amazing.  We did the red prosperity envelopes and the students did awesome on those.  All in all, this was a week of wins.

Maybe that’s why I’m so utterly worn out?  Battle fatigue?  Because this week has been non-stop battles.  And now that I’ve won, I just need a break.  ::chuckles::  Hopefully the peace accord I’ve struck between me and my boss, Gail, will hold…at least to the end of the year.  Then I’ll have a new Zone Supervisor to contend with.  ::chuckles:: 

We finished up Season 3 of The Blacklist.  Very intriguing series.  But we always find ourselves at a bit of a loss when it comes to finding a new series to start up.  I’m still kind of mourning the loss of these characters (at least until the next season hits Netflix).  So instead, we rented The Accountant on Vudu.  A number of David’s coworkers highly recommended it.  I think I would have enjoyed it more if I wasn’t dealing with the aforementioned headache.  David really enjoyed it.

I dunno.  I’m feeling victorious but deflated.  I think I just need to rest and relax and enjoy my win for as long as the peace stands.  Like I told my staff, I hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.  I hope that the peace between me and Gail stands until the end of the year.  But given her track-record of saying one thing and doing another – of flat out denying she said what we all heard her say – I am bracing for her to turn on us once again.  It wouldn’t surprise me. 

So yes.  I really and truly hope I can take my boss at her word that I have the freedom to write up lesson plans for my campus.  That she trusts me to run my campus to the best of my abilities.  And I will operate on the belief in that until she shows me otherwise.  And it wouldn’t surprise me if she were to turn on me.

So yeah, spent most of today at work working on future lesson plans.  I had a blast researching bizarre and fun “holidays” to base my lesson plans off of.  Gotta have fun with them to keep the kids entertained as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment