Thursday, January 19, 2017

Thankful Thursday 03

Today’s #cy365 photo prompt is “Chilly”…but given that our high today is 70 degrees F, chilly doesn’t really fit. So I went with this photo instead:

alt text

I am thankful….
1. My 2016 “MySocialBook” arrived today (it’s a company that prints out your FaceBook as an actual BOOK). And it is stellar quality as always. But, if you are planning to do this, sign up for their mailing-list and pay attention to their sales, as these books can get pricy, depending on how much you post and the various options you choose. Like I have my hardback, and that does jump the price up a bit.
2. My copy of “The Modern Witchcraft Grimoire” by Sky Alexander arrived yesterday. I thumbed through it and read a few pages last night and while I’m not sure it’s one of those books that will stay in my personal library forever, I do have a good feeling about it.
3. My amazing, awesome, and loyal aides at work. I do my best to make this job a great one and they are doing the same for me, our students, and each other. And sometimes, that makes all the difference in the world between a good day and a bad day.
4. My 3rd semester of grad school started on Tuesday. And while I have not had a chance to really dive into the details about the various assignments just yet, what I have seen appears to be a good, useful, practical semester that won’t kill me. ::laughs::
5. All the amazing feedback I get on my photos when I post them to my Deviant Art account. Makes me wonder why I waited so long to set my desktop computer back up once we moved! ::laughs:: Also makes me want to go back to the zoos asap!
6. Short work week (I had Monday and Tuesday off), even if that means the students still work very hard to cram a week’s worth of craziness into just three days. ::laughs::
7. The amazingness of the internet, where I can find such a wide array of information for all my needs, plus keep in contact with family around the world, AND make friends that share comment interests that I never would have met any other way.
8. That our city offers curbside recycling. I love knowing that we are working to curb our trash and are making efforts to recycle the items we do use. And since it’s curbside, it makes it worlds easier for us to participate.
9. That barring the end of the company party that gave me a wicked migraine, overall it was pretty damn pleasant (and that’s with me coming off a LONG ass work day, plus a long ass Ass-Chewing by The Boss, AND it being my MoonTime, so that’s really saying something!) AND that he received a very coveted (and well deserved) award from the company.
10. Gorgeous weather once again. We had a few days of cold and stormy weather, but we are sunny and back up in the 70s for the next few days. Josey and I are thoroughly enjoying the sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment