Thursday, October 31, 2019

Clean Down to the Bone

Photo 579/1001

0579

Happy Halloween!
Blessed Samhain!

Hippy flower crown borrowed from a student.

Normally, I would have a photo of a ritual or at least a jack-o-lantern for this day. But, seriously, NOTHING has gone according to plan this entire year, so why would Halloween prove to be any different?

But I’m seriously ok with that. No really. I am. I am ok with the chaos that has been shaking up my life this year. Shark is the totem for me for 2019…and I hadn’t thought about the fact that Shark is a devourer. And she certainly has eaten me alive this year. BUT, it clears out everything dead and decaying. Just like the hundreds of vultures that come through my area each morning.

I think all of this has been to purify my life. To strip away all the things that no longer serve my highest good in life. When you are picked clean down to the bones…the Necessities of life become so much more apparent. And the rest is just fluff and noise.

But it’s finally quiet. It’s finally silent. I’ve been pared all the way to the bone. And there I have found my strength.

My strength lies in my family, both the living and the ancestors, both those of blood and those of choice.

My strength lies in my Spirituality. And for now, part of that is entwined with the Coven. I’ve been on sabbatical this entire month, and it’s exactly what I needed. I just couldn’t be a part of the group while I was shedding all this old skin, old self, old way. I was crabby and uncomfortable and blind. But I’ve come out on the other side, sleek and new once more.

My strength lies in ME. I am my own greatest enemy and my own greatest strength. And for now, all that Scorpio venom and intelligence is being turned outwards. I’m done playing nice. I’m done worrying about ruffling feathers. I’m speaking the truth now, loud and clear. Beware, for my bite is worst that my bark…and my bark can be quite terrifying.

No comments:

Post a Comment