Wednesday, October 2, 2019

10 Years

written:  September 30

Photo 548/1001

0548

Hubs and I, in front of Texas Roadhouse, where we ate to celebrate our 10-year anniversary! Steak and ribs…so good!

I was a bit melancholy about it because initially we had set the goal to celebrate our 10-year anniversary in Vegas, where we got married. But yeah, finances just didn’t have that in the cards for us this year. So yeah, a bit bummed about that. I really had hoped we’d be in a better financial position.

BUT. I am happy to be celebrating 10 years married to my best friend. It’s been a crazy 10 years, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world. Even a return trip to Vegas. ::chuckles::

In other news, Elisa sent me a FB message today, saying she hopes I’m doing ok. And offering to be a listening ear if I need to talk about depression or anxiety. It’s a super sweet gesture on her part. But she’s just a baby, having only recently touched on depression and/or anxiety herself. Me? I’ve been riding this roller coaster damn near all my life at this point. ::chuckles:: I have no idea what she thinks she’ll be able to help me with. But like I said, a very kind, and unexpected, gesture on her part.

Mental health wise, I’m actually doing pretty good. By taking the month off from the Coven, that alleviated a lot of the extra stress. Now if only I can get work to be calm, that would go a long way to keeping me stable. But I’m not holding my breath on that happening any time soon. And if I could just get a library job…any library job. I just need to get my foot in the door. I’ve applied for just about any and all library jobs I’ve come across. SOMETHING has to give at some point!

No comments:

Post a Comment