Saturday, October 12, 2019

Ernie the Wonder Pupper

written:  October 09

Photo 557/1001

0557

This is the fabulous “pledge” two of my students created and had me read, while they were both giving me puppy-dog eyes, begging to be allowed to play football. It was too cute and I shared it with the staff and their parents. It’s hanging up in my office as well. ::chuckles::

Yeah, given how they can’t even manage a kick-ball game or a basketball game without a TON of shit-talking and pushing? Yeah, football is going to remain banned for the foreseeable future. I have more than enough stress in the day-to-day running of this campus without heaping on the crap football brings to the table. But I certainly give them major props for creativity and dedication.

The best thing about today was that I got to see Ernie the Amazing Puppers up at work. He belongs to Madeleine & Kathryn and he is seriously, the best dog ever. He looks like an Irish Setter, but is pure black. He’s a rescue, so no one really knows what he is. But he is just a smart and sweet puppers. I seriously needed those few minutes, sitting with him, just petting him and him staring up into my eyes with adoration. I know that lowered all of my stress. I think I need to start having them bring Ernie up once a week for my therapy. ::laughs::

Which, yeah, I know I need to find a therapist. I’m still riding the edge between ok and seriously-not-ok. But money and time and effort are always low on the list for me. And honestly, I’m not quite ready to face the Issues that therapy will require of me. I’m currently happy with keeping the monster under the bed, rather than putting in the work to bring it out into the light and face it head on. If avoidance was an Olympic sport…I would get the gold metal without ever breaking a sweat. ::chuckles::

No comments:

Post a Comment