Wednesday, October 23, 2019

One Thing

written: October 21

Photo 569/1001

0569

Offering to the Harpies, made in gratitude for the storm that blew through yesterday evening that didn’t bring any damages to our home or our family.

All in all, a good damn day today. Other than me having to send my newest aide home to change into clothing that conformed to dress code (the THIRD time she’s not been in dress code), work was actually pretty good.

I made some serious headway on the presentation for the Da. Library interview tomorrow. PLUS I came home to an email from the C. Library. I did their essay thing a week or two back, and now I get to do their “Right Fit” test thing. From what it sounds like, it’s a personality type test to see if my values align with the city’s values. I’ll get that in the next few days and I’ll knock that out as soon as I can. It would be AMAZING if the C. Library would hire me. They are the closest and the pay is higher (it’s in a much more affluent area).

Continuing on from yesterday’s entry. Another thing I’ve been doing to help battle the depression is what I call The One Thing. What is One Thing I can do right now to set my future Self up for a win? It can be as simple as bringing down a water glass from my room (when I would normally let them pile up) or drinking gatorade instead of the 4th coffee. Or it can be as big as STILL applying for library jobs as soon as I see them. It can be choosing NOT to spend money on items from Sage Goddess that I know will simply collect dust. Or it can be taking Josey for a walk. The thing is, just to do One Thing, no matter how big or how small, that will set me up for a future win.

No comments:

Post a Comment