Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Work Woes

written: September 21

Photo 174/1001

0174

A wall of morning glories on the ally neighbor’s fence. Seriously love them.

Rain, rain, and more rain today. We were getting flash flood alerts all evening.

Zander (one of my special needs students) wasn’t allowed to come to the after school program today because he had such a rough, ROUGH day at school. I emailed Esmeralda about it because it’s so very unfair to us to have a child that is THAT special needs in our program with all the other kiddos as well. We have to do so much one-on-one stuff just for him that it’s really putting our other students at risk. And he’s not doing well in our program, because there are so many other children and we cannot devote one aide to just him. Emeralda said she would come talk to me about it on Monday. I shot back that I look forward to talking to her in person on TUESDAY, when I would be back on campus.

I’ve just really lost so much faith in the program and upper management these past few years. It’s a total joke. They don’t take us seriously. They sure as shit do not back us up ever. And more and more it just feels like upper management is flying by the seat of their pants, hoping shit lands right. That is NOT the way to run a child care program.

No comments:

Post a Comment