Friday, September 14, 2018

Happy Birthday, Hubs

written: September 12

Photo 165/1001

0165

JoAnn, one of my online buddies, asked about my athame from my altar photo yesterday. So I got a better shot of the blade part. It’s Damascus blade – 13 inches long total. She’s heavy and razor sharp (on the account that she’s not used to physically cut things) and her handle is made of buffalo horn. Just friggin’ love this knife.

Today is David’s birthday. He had the day off of work. I would have loved to have taken it off as well, but with Jess coming in late (due to class) and Emily calling out, there was just no way to make that happen. We got Mackenzi again and I swear she has a work crush on me as well. ::laughs:: It was so much fun working with her today. Seriously, can I keep her yet?????

We did dinner at Texas Roadhouse – David selected it as his birthday dinner place. And apparently a LOT of other people were also celebrating their birthdays because it seemed every time we turned around, there was the Roadhouse crew making a huge, embarrassing production of someone’s birthday. We are not at all about having a crowd of strangers screaming happy birthday to us and having us do something ridiculous in front of the massive crowd that was eating there tonight. Not even the allure of a free dessert is worth that introvert hell.

I didn’t take any photos because David and I were both already anxious enough with the sheer crush of people and all the noise they were creating. So maybe this weekend I can get photos, when we are calm and full in Introvert Mode. ::smiles::

No comments:

Post a Comment