Thursday, September 6, 2018

Labor Day

written: September 03

Photo 156/1001

0156

Small rose blossom in the rain.

Rain, rain, and more rain is what we got today. And I loved it. Josey pup and I got up early and took a walk. There were no people out. Even the birds were mostly quiet. So it was just me and the pup, and the soft pitter of drizzling rain for the bulk of the walk. Talk about heaven on earth! I wish more of my morning walks were like this. Humans tend to just irritate the crap out of me. ::chuckles::

David swapped out the handles in my shower – I broke the cold water one a few days ago. They originally were these horrible cheap plastic spiky ones (like the ones you see in cheap motels). Honestly, I’m surprised they lasted 2 years. ::chuckles:: Now I just have regular handles, which are so much nicer to my hands. ::smiles::

I am not allowed to buy any more granola. I thought I had zero willpower when it came to glazed donuts…but apparently zero willpower is achieved with granola. I bought a bag today and it’s almost already all gone. ::laughs:: I really need to look into finding a recipe I like and making my own. Because this is ridiculous!

Let’s see what else did I get accomplished today? Oh, wrote 2 pen pals and a Postcrossing post card. Yay me! I still have 3 more pen pals to reply to. ::chuckles::

And I got some more reading done in The Woman in the Shaman’s Body. It’s such a good book, but chocked FULL of information. So it’s not a light, quick read. I’ve been working my way through this book for over a month now. But I’m getting close to the end now. I will definitely be buying a copy of this book in the future to keep in my own personal collection. And I definitely want to look into all the books and articles the author references throughout her book.

No comments:

Post a Comment