Friday, September 21, 2018

War Path

written: September 19

Photo 172/1001

0172

Finished coloring this bad boy up at work today. It’s been over a year, I think, since I’ve colored anything. But I’m rather proud of how nicely this one turned out. Especially given that I was using the cheapie colored pencils we have up at work. Not going to lie, I kind of want to get some PrismaColors and some blending sticks and try my hand with those as well. Maybe I can get me a set for my birthday.

I had a lovely tiff with an old friend (Weldon) over the “not all men” bullshit comment he left. I don’t know if it’s because I’m still riled up from the whole Ray & JoAnn battle or if I’m just really sick of this bullshit (probably equal measures of both), but man, I am on the War Path here recently. But the gloves are fucking off right now and I’m swinging for the fences.

I am tired of being told “how” to protest. “How” to choose the best words possible. How the fact that one uses the word “men”, it somehow morphs into meaning ALL THE MEN THAT EVER WERE AND WILL EVER BE. Damn, narcissistic much? But I guess that’s to be expected when so much of the world revolves around men and their wants and desires and rules. Well fuck that noise. I’m not going to be your pretty, tame, docile woman…ASKING politely for equal consideration. Nope. That shit hasn’t worked in the past, why the fuck would it work in the future? I’m going to tread in the Bitch Territory – be loud and call this shit out (like a man would). And the little men’s egos are going to take a beating from it.

::bares her teeth:: So be it.

And just for my own notes here, this is the tweet I shared on FaceBook that started today’s “engagement”:
42058698_10216895337472715_8652352896446234624_n

No comments:

Post a Comment