Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Roller Coaster of a Day

Photo 178/1001

0179

The most amazing surprise waiting for me at work. Emily H. gifted me this bottle of Muse, which is my all-time, hands-down, absolute most favorite Sage Goddess scent. AND it’s a kiss top – which means it’s an older batch, which typically means the aroma is stronger. So cool of her!

Continuing on the Coven talk from yesterday…apparently Aesa went ahead and talked me up to her High Priestess. So the High Priestess told her to go ahead and give me the application to fill out, even though they aren’t taking students until Ostara (mid-March). I dunno…just really humbles me.
So Zander is now on probation at the after school program. Basically it means if he has another major fuck-up, he’s out of the program. His mother says she’s already looking into alternative programs for him because she recognizes that he isn’t doing well in such a big program. And I totally get that. He’s going from one-on-one during the school day to dumped into a program of 71 OTHER students and no wonder he’s losing his shit.

And then one of my students decided to tell a female student that he was going to stab her with a knife he claimed to have in his backpack. Turns out, he meant part of his necklace that looks like an arrowhead. Still, NOT fucking cool. Why the fuck do boys (and {some} adult males, while we’re at it), think it’s ok to say this shit to females???? I’m just so fucking over it.

But to end it on a good note – one of my favorite students, Colin. A while back, his mother told me that this would be his last month because she’s no longer working for the school district and is staying home with her youngest child…so he wouldn’t be coming to my program after this month. Talk about breaking my heart. But today…his father told me today that they had a talk with Colin and he told them on no uncertain terms that it would be THE WORST THING EVER ™ to happen to his life. Dad joked that it would cost them less month to let him continue coming to the after school program than to pay for the counseling he would require if he was forced to leave my program. ::laughs:: I’m happy. They are a great family (I taught their oldest son as well) and I’m happy to keep Colin in my program. ::smiles::

No comments:

Post a Comment