Thursday, February 8, 2018

Thankful Thursday #06



So I finally got to back to my campus today….eventually.  ::sighs::

I went to our meeting and Esmeralda approached me and told me that she had a doctor’s appointment today, but would be on my campus at 3:15.  And that is what time she would be happy to meet me there.  Like, are you fucking kidding me??  Granted, I am still getting paid for this time, but why do I feel like I am the one being punished here???

And the “facilitating of a positive new direction” for my campus that Esmeralda just HAD to be on my campus to do before I could come back?  Amounted to about 10 minutes of her praising me to my staff for my experience and how excited the kids were to have me back on campus.  And basically one damn sentence about “following all of my directives” and “remembering that we are school district employees and are expected to behave as such”.  That’s it.  ::rolls her head::  Such bullshit.  I can’t wait until I get my Grievance hearing.

Anyways….onwards to my Thankful Thursday.

I am grateful…
1.       That I was FINALLY able to go back to my campus today.
2.       How excited ALL of the students were to have me back.  As Esmeralda observed, “It’s like a celebrity walked in!”  I’m glad she saw that as well, AND saw how fluidly I moved right back into running my campus without a hiccup today.
3.       A good follow up visit with my psychiatrist.  Some of the things she said rubbed me the wrong way, and I’ve been reflecting on them and plan to bring them up at our next appointment.
4.       Talking with my Mom today – she just wanted to reiterate that I’ve got to play the long game here in reference to the issues with Alexia.
5.       David coming home early on Tuesday.  I was bottoming out over the whole work situation and just having him home helped pull me out of that funk.
6.       I know I’m only a week in, but I feel like the Lithium is doing me some good.  If nothing else, I am not currently depressed, which is a welcomed change of pace.
7.       Staying strong with the LetterMo.com challenge.  I’ve mailed out at LEAST one piece of mail every single day this month – sometimes two pieces.  I’m loving it.
8.       For the pretty extensive selection of books that we have for our after school program.  It’s REALLY come in handy for my Youth Lit class.  ::chuckles::
9.       My Jade Oracle deck.  I’m slowly getting back into the habit of pulling 3 cards for the day and this deck never fails to give me cards that I have to sit back and ponder a bit before I figure them out. 
10.   The AMAZING support of my friends as I’ve been dealing with the work insanity.  It’s been so incredibly heart-warming and humbling to see so many people who mean the world to me getting up in arms over how this shit is playing out.  Just really nice to know that they care that much about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment