Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Cancel The Fun

written: February 12th



The Restlessness™ is back.  I hate it.

At work, we got the mural colored for the Chinese New Year that we do each year.  This year is the year of the Dog.  I think it turned out pretty good:



I heard back about my Grievance hearing…and it’s apparently with the Program Supervisor, Kelly.  She was there when I had my sit down meeting at the Main Office with HR.  So I’m not holding my breath…and I think it’s stupid that I’m having to backtrack.  But this is the path, so I’ll jump through my hoops and take it to the next level.  ::sighs::  So I’ve let Kelly know what days and times I’m available this week to meet.  So we’ll see how that pans out.

Oh great fun times.  I made the mistake of checking on my health insurance claims (the company sends me regular emails asking me if I would like to view my recent claim).  Like, what the fuck was I thinking?

::sighs::

So my ER clinic visit back in January when I couldn’t breathe?  Yeah, I owe $1013. 
My gyno visit?  I owe $200.

THANKFULLY I’m paying my way for the Psychiatrist visits.  They just bill me right there in office for whatever the insurance company won’t cover. But that’s around $150 per visit at the moment.

Which, led to David asking (after I told him I had like $1200 in medical bills), “How badly do you need to see the shrink?”

And that’s such a shitty question, but one so many people have to ask themselves.
Do I see the psychiatrist and/or get medication, or do I pay my rent this month?
Do I buy my medication or do I buy food?  Meds or gas?  Meds or phone bill?  Meds or health insurance?

Granted, I am very blessed that these aren’t questions I’m having to ask myself at the moment.  I can pay my bills and have food and put gas in my car, and still see my psychiatrist.  But I’m going to have to cut back on how frequently I go.  Granted, right now, I’m going as often as I am because we are tweaking my meds and trying to get that right, and with the side effects possible, you have to keep a strict eye on it.  But yeah, I will certainly have to cut back to once every 3 or 4 weeks, until I get these other bills paid.  And no worries.  If shit goes sideways, I do have a savings account that I can dip into.  But I’ve already dipped into it a lot over the past two months because bills have been high, and pay has been crap.  But I’ve even asked to work on the upcoming student holiday, because I need the damn money. 

Needless to say, all “fun” spending has ground to a halt.  Once I receive the bills from the health care providers, I will set up a payment plan with them.  That way not all of my money for the month is gone (not that I could even do that…I still have to pay MY bills as well), but I’m still making serious progress on chipping away at that debt.  And I’ll just have to really be careful and not wind up in the ER clinic again any time soon!  ::chuckles:: 

No comments:

Post a Comment