Sunday, February 18, 2018

Screaming Gun Nuts

written: February 17th



Yeah, I’m still in emotional overload.  Lots of shit on Facebook is getting “hidden”.  And the Screaming Gun Nuts ™ are getting blocked, regardless of the probability of me ever interacting with them again.  And of course, everyone and their damn dog is tagging me on their various Gun “Debates” of all flavors.  Yeah, count me the fuck out of that.  Granted, it’s nice that these individuals (the ones that tag me on these posts) sincerely want my opinion, because it’s an unusual one – I’m pro-gun, but WITH restrictions.  I’m a born and raised and mostly proud Texan.  I grew up in a very small town, in a very country family and thus, I grew up around guns.  But I grew up with all the gun SAFETY drilled into my head since before I could even form words.  I love shooting guns.  I love shooting high caliber guns even…semi-automatic even.  But I don’t believe a civilian has any business owning a .50 cal.  I am pro-gun…within reason.  But the Screaming Gun Nuts ™ make it sound like any sort of gun restriction is the removal of one of their beloved testicles and you would assume from the screaming and flailing and behaving like a 5-year-old, that it's being removed with a rusty knife.

Honestly, I think this is the perfect time to start distancing myself from Facebook.  I squander wayyyyyyyy too many hours there.  Hours, that honestly, should be focused on all the classwork I need to get done.  And how many times have I said this before?  Hell, I swear I have an addiction to social media.  ::shakes her head::  Beyond that…I have an addiction to the Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment