Monday, February 12, 2018

PRO-crastinator

written: February 11th



Whew!  I am done with my “Comparison of 2 Illustrators: Historical and Contemporary” paper for the Youth Lit class.  Thank all that is holy for that.  ::laughs::  It’s 9 pages long – and here I was thinking I wouldn’t be able to write the bare minimum 4 pages! 

I swear, every semester I promise myself that I will not procrastinate and do these big projects in one day.  And then the semester gets started and what do I do?  I wait until the day of to do them.  ::chuckles::  Well, I’ve got a better game plan for the big Blog Project (especially since the professor specifically said that if you do all 7 posts in one day, it’s an automatic zero).  I have written down for each week (weeks 1 – 7) what book I’ll review.  I have half of them already, so I just need to photograph them and write up the review.  I have the other half on hold at the local library.  Hopefully I can pick those up tomorrow and get to work on all of that.  Thankfully, the first five or so are young children’s books, so they won’t be hard reads at all.  Honestly, I think I’ll probably read them aloud to my students AT work, to kill two birds with one stone.  ::chuckles::  And I’ll get those 7 blog posts written up and then schedule when I’ll post them.  I have to spread it out a bit so I get full credit.  Then I can start looking at the NEXT seven. 

I have a “big” project due next week in the Digital Citizenship class – the Acceptable Usage Policies.  I’ve got all the lecture notes saved on my zip drive, so after work tomorrow, I can print all of those out and start reading over them to see what this assignment will entail.  Thankfully, no weekly discussion post this week for this class (just for the Youth Lit class).

Hopefully this week will go world’s smoother than the previous two.  I will most likely hear back from HR this week about my Grievance hearing.  I’m curious how that will go, but either way, I’ve already made peace with the fact that Alexia may indeed be staying on my campus.  If nothing else, she’s going to college in Oklahoma, so I just have to make it to the end of the school year and she’s gone for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment