Saturday, February 3, 2018

Saga Continues

written: February 2nd

Esmeralda called me to tell me that they would indeed be sending Alexia back to my campus today. I told her that I felt that was a poor decision. I told her I wanted it written down that I am objecting to this, that this individual has made threats of physical violence against me, and that by putting her back on my campus, that creates a hostile work environment. Then they (all the bosses) had another meeting with Alexia at the Main Office today, so she wasn’t back on my campus today.

And it’s amazing how different the atmosphere was on campus today without Alexia there. I carried on multiple conversations with Maddie – we talked more today than we have the entire time she’s been on campus. She was such much more outgoing and bubbly than I had previously thought. And it’s because Alexia is just so dominating with her larger-than-life personality. Emily even commented that Maddie actually seemed happy today. She was actively engaged with the students in the gym, playground, and in the cafeteria.

Esmeralda came out to my campus around 5 pm to talk about how everything went down today in their meeting with Alexia. And she said that yes, Alexia will be back on my campus Monday. I’m still not comfortable with that, but apparently that doesn’t matter. ::sighs:: And of course, we had our little meeting AFTER our HR department closed for the weekend, so I couldn’t even contact them to challenge this. So now the plan is to call them first thing Monday morning and challenge it.

Stephen, a good friend, has suggested getting it in writing that the bosses are aware of the threat Alexia’s made against me, and they are aware that I feel this makes for a hostile work environment, and are still going ahead with keeping her on my campus. Then, should anything happen, I will have my bosses by the short and curlies, for negligence. He also suggested that if I got a restraining order against Alexia, then they would be FORCED to remove her from my campus.

I just fail to understand why it’s apparently so hard now to move her to another campus? I mean, hell, they moved Spencer (my SUPER creepy aide…the one I called “Shitty McShittyPants her in my blog) to NINE different campuses in the 9 months he worked for the after school program. But we can’t move this one, that’s threatened to punch me in the mouth? Really?

But to end this on a good note (literally) – here’s a little note one of my students gave me as she was leaving today:

20180203_142848

You better believe that is going in my Big Gray Sketchbook. ::smiles::

No comments:

Post a Comment