Thursday, February 8, 2018

Solid

written: February 7th



I should come up with a 3 minute “explanation” on how my marriage works.  It’s certainly not conventional, but it works so well for us. 

My psychiatrist kind of came out of left field asking about my marriage.  It caught me off guard, because as marriages go, mine is SOLID. 

Our only real “issue” is that we haven’t had sex in over a year.  But it’s not because we don’t love each other, or don’t want to be intimate, or don’t find each other desirable.  There’s a lot of health issues, stress, self-confidence, us both being out of shape, and crazy work schedules.  And honestly, we’ve gotten out of the habit as well.

And my shrink really jumped on that…asking if we aren’t intimate, then am I sure he loves me?  Dude, there are a thousand ways he shows me loves me even if we aren’t banging all over the house. 

But it was kind of hilarious to have this 70 year old, tiny lil Russian lady giving me “tips” on how to seduce my husband.  ::laughs::

So yes, my husband and I have separate bedrooms.  We sleep in separate bedrooms.  But we hang out with each other pretty much any chance we get.  Because we are best fucking friends.  Yes, the sex is lacking there, but it’s something we openly discuss. 

In other news, David took the day off.  He finally put together the weight machine.  And with the weather slowly warming up, now we can start working out once again.  We’re both overweight – not obese, but definitely overweight. 

And hopefully this summer, I can get the ablation done and getting rid of my period issues for a while.  That would go a LONG way to freeing up more “sexy” potential time.  Because, right now?  There’s about a week and a half of sexy potential time right now.    

I just felt kind of like my marriage was under attack because it’s not conventional.  And I don’t like that.  I’ve never been conventional and conventional just doesn’t work for me 90% of the time.  And I hate the fact that just because it’s NOT conventional, people automatically assume it’s bad, or wrong, or just can’t “work”.  And you know what, for most people, this arrangement would not work.  But this ain’t for them.  This is MY marriage.  And it works well for my husband and I, and that’s really all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment