Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Maybe a Lil Bit of Fun



I got the first bill today from my gyno -- $117.  I’ll call them tomorrow and set up a payment plan.  I had forgotten that we are also $400 shy on our house tax, and we’ve chosen to pay the difference instead of spacing it out over the next year.  So that’s $200 that I have to pay before the end of the month.  ::sighs::  Guess I will seriously have to set up a budget and stick to it until I get all this shit paid off.  Man, I am SO GRATEFUL that I have pretty decent health 90% of the time, so hopefully, I will stay healthy for a while now so I don’t accumulate any more debt!  ::laughs::

Hazel posted two videos last night that really got me to thinking.  She basically was talking about how Pagans get caught in buying the supplies – the STUFF – to do magick with and that we forget the fundamental understanding.  The magic is in the items – they are merely props.  The magic comes from the Witch.  Hazel’s delving more into Luciferianism, which is why she’s discussing Personal Power so much – it’s a key component to Luciferianism.

And all this was rattling around in my head, along with the money-woes (aka, no fun spending for the next few months at least), and it teamed up with some half-thought ideas that have been rattling around like stones in a tin can.  It all crystallized today.  I’m not going to spend a dime on props.  I haven’t decided for how long just yet, but definitely for the next couple of months.  No candles.  No incense.  No stones.  None of that.  I personally feel that my rituals and altars and whatnot are done more for the aesthetic – to be shown off online.  It’s all flashy now, and I’m focusing more on the ability to share the photos instead of focusing on the power being in the ritual or the spell itself.  So, not only will I not be buying Sabbat specific candles, no incense, or any new pretty stones….I will not be posting my altars or photos of any of my rituals and/or spellwork this year either. 

Instead, I will focus on using what I do have.  Because, lemme tell ya.  I got a TON of ritual supplies.  It’s not like I’m going to be hurting for supplies any time soon.  I need to focus more on the internal work.

But in the fun column, I found the Covenant of the Goddess (the BIG local Pagan group) has a chapter about 15 minutes away that does classes once a week.  And it’s even at a time that I can make, without having to take off from work.  Woot!  And at $5 a class?  It’s affordable, even on my shoestring budget.  I’ve sent the list over to Hazel to see if she’d want to tag along on any of ‘em.  She’s working full time now, and making her own money, so she’ll be available for fun little things like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment